Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Releases New Free and Paid DLC Today
SAN FRANCISCO – July 10, 2019 – Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, the fan favorite fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and Lionsgate available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, today released its first two Season One characters: Trey of Triforia and Jen Scotts, to be followed by Lord Zedd in a future update. Players can purchase each individual character digitally for $5.99 or the full Season One Pass for $14.99, which includes all three characters along with a bonus character skin.
- Trey of Triforia: The original Gold Zeo Ranger, Trey was an alien from the planet Triforia who came to earth to help the Zeo Rangers battle the Machine Empire. There, he was attacked and split into three separate beings, forcing him to temporarily transfer his Gold Ranger powers to veteran ex-Ranger Jason Lee Scott.
- Jen Scotts: Jen Scotts assumed the role of leader of the Time Force when her fiancé, the Red Time Force Ranger, was killed by an escaping criminal named Ransik. Fearless, determined and compassionate, Jen and her team did everything they could to track down Ransik and bring him to justice.
- Lord Zedd (Coming Soon): The self-proclaimed "Emperor of Evil," Lord Zedd has conquered and enslaved much of the galaxy. Initially leaving the "insignificant" Earth for Rita Repulsa to conquer, he returns to punish her for her failure and finish what she started.
- Jason Lee Scott - Red Dragon Shield (skin): After Tommy Oliver, the Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, was killed by Lord Drakkon, an evil version of Tommy from an alternate dimension, Jason inherited the Dragon Shield and Dragon Dagger. With their added strength and the ability to summon the Dragonzord, Jason was able to lead the other Rangers in the fight against Lord Drakkon.
Also available today for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is the second free update (v1.3) that introduces several previously unreleased features.
- The v1.3 update vastly improves the game’s social play and matchmaking, including Direct Match, which lets friends or any two specific players match up against each other.
- The game now also enables crossplay between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, where players across the two gaming platforms can battle against each other in Ranked, Casual, or Direct Matches.
- Crossplay helps players find matches faster against similarly skilled players and opens up a larger matchmaking pool, making the game more competitive.
- Crossplay is enabled by nWayPlay, nWay’s recently announced game development platform, which offers a player ID and social system, allowing friends to find each other across platforms.
- nWayPlay also enables cross-progression between Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, so players can carry progress made on one platform to another.
Both the Season One Pass and the free update are available for digital download via the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop and Microsoft Store. More information is at https://battleforthegrid.com/.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid pits current and classic POWER RANGERS and villains from the multiverse’s 25 year history against one another in epic 3v3 tag team battles. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
nWay is the game studio behind Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and ChronoBlade. The company’s proprietary engine makes fast-paced, synchronous multiplayer gameplay possible across multiple gaming platforms. Based in San Francisco and Seoul, nWay is comprised of leading developers and senior executives from Sony, Electronic Arts, WB Games, LucasArts, Kabam, Nexon and NCSoft. Collectively, the team has contributed to over a dozen hit mobile, console, and online games, including Marvel Contest of Champions, Injustice, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Dominations, FIFA, Battlefield Online, Lineage II, and Warhammer. nWay is backed by Ridge Ventures, March Capital, Baseline Ventures, Translink Capital, and WI Harper. For more information, visit www.nway.com.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 13 on the 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past eight years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next-generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 17,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.