Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid release v2.0
Post-Launch Upgrades Culminates with v2.0 Release
Fan Favorite Fighting Game Adds Lobbies, Spectator Mode, and PS4 Crossplay to Long List of Post-Launch Features, Including Story Mode, Voiceover by Original Cast, and Direct Match
SAN FRANCISCO – December 10, 2019 – POWER RANGERS: Battle for the Grid, the popular fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), today announced the availability of v2.0 update that gives players, for the first time, access to online lobbies, spectator mode and crossplay on PlayStation 4. The new addition allows up to eight players to join together in an online lobby to battle against each other. Up to four different matches can run simultaneously, and all participants can spectate online while they are on deck
The v2.0 update also opens up crossplay on PlayStation 4, so players across Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, and now PS4, can all battle each other in the same matchmaking pool for global supremacy.
POWER RANGERS: Battle for the Grid has released regular software updates since launch to continuously improve the active player's experience with new content and features. Since launching in March, the game has released a series of major updates, doubling the number of playable characters, adding new features, including Story Mode, voiceover by the original cast, crossplay and cross-progression, and direct match. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam for $19.99.
POWER RANGERS: Battle for the Grid pits current and classic POWER RANGERS and villains from the multiverse’s over 25-year history against one another in epic 3v3 tag team battles. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
“We are proud to be able to offer POWER RANGERS: Battle of the Grid players more content and features over the past several months,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “With the latest update, the game is now exactly what we had envisioned when we started creating the title knowing that players will enjoy all of the competitive features, immersive story-lines and wide range of characters and arenas that make the game one of the best fighting games available.”
Players can now enjoy key features in the game including:
- 18 Rangers & Villains across Generations
- Standard Edition comes with 12 starting warriors, including Jason Lee Scott, Tommy Oliver, Gia Moran, Ranger Slayer, Magna Defender, Kat Manx, Mastodon Sentry, Goldar, Lord Drakkon, Cenozoic Blue Ranger, Udonna and Dragon Armor Trini.
- Season 1 Pass, which is bundled with the Collector’s Edition, comes with 3 additional warriors, including Trey of Triforia, Jen Scotts, and Lord Zedd.
- Season 2 Pass contains 3 new warriors, including Doggie “Anubis” Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi.
- 9 Arenas across Iconic Locations
- Battle against iconic locations from the series, including Zordon’s Training Room and Command Center from Mighty Morphin POWER RANGERS, Harwood County Warzone from POWER RANGERS Super Megaforce, Mystic Forest from POWER RANGERS Mystic Force, Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room from Boom! Comics’ Mighty Morphin POWER RANGERS, Corinth from POWER RANGERS RPM, Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era and Tower from 2017 Movie, and Space Patrol Delta Base from POWER RANGERS S.P.D.
- 4 Megazords (Ultras)
- Summon Megazords and monsters, such as Dino Megazord, Dragonzord, Mega Goldar, or Delta Squad Megazord, to stage epic comebacks.
- Original Story: A Reimagining of the Shattered Grid Event
- Story Mode’s narrative is written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin POWER RANGERS: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham).
- The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go POWER RANGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In Story Mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ POWER RANGERS comic book series.
- When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all POWER RANGERS, they must band together and fight back before all of existence falls to his armies.
- Voiceovers by Original Cast
- Story and combat voiceovers are performed by original POWER RANGERS cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan, (Goldar), Dan Southworth (Eric Myers) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
- Crossplay & Cross-progression among PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC
- POWER RANGERS: Battle for the Grid enables crossplay among Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC, where players across all gaming platforms can battle against each other in Ranked, Casual, Direct or Lobby Matches.
- Crossplay helps players find matches faster against similarly skilled players and opens up a larger matchmaking pool, making the game more competitive. The game also enables cross-progression, so players can carry progress made on one platform to another.
- Challenge Your Friends in Direct Match & Online Lobbies
- These new features make Battle for the Grid more social.
- Direct Match lets friends or any two specific players match up against each otherr.
- Online Lobbies allows up to 8 players to join together in friendly matches, where participants can battle in up to 4 different matches at a time or spectate on a match and be the next player up.
nWay is a San Francisco based developer, publisher & tech platform for competitive multiplayer games across mobile, PC, and consoles. nWay’s proprietary backend tech platform nWayPlay enables fast development, prototyping, and operations of cross-play, real-time multiplayer games. The company has a strong track record of developing AAA quality games on mobile and on console such as recently launched POWER RANGERS: Battle for the Grid, POWER RANGERS: Legacy Wars, and ChronoBlade. nWay is comprised of leading developers and senior executives from Sony, Electronic Arts, WB Games, LucasArts, Kabam, Nexon and NCSoft. Collectively, the team has contributed to over a dozen hit mobile, console, and online games, including Marvel Contest of Champions, Injustice, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Dominations, FIFA, Battlefield Online, Lineage II, and Warhammer.
For more information about nWay visit nway.com.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 13 on the 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past eight years. Learn more at hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next-generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 17,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.
# # #